- 1 lb dark sweet cherries
- 2 cups cherry juice
- 2 Tbsp Cherry Balsamic
- ½ cup dried tart cherries
- 3 Tbsp Vanilla Cane Sugar
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon Orange Sugar
- 1/3 cup orange peels
- 1/3 cup clear cherry brandy
- Sliced lemon olive oil cake ***
***Prepare 1 box yellow cake mix. Be sure to substitute Lemon Olive Oil for vegetable oil. Bake as instructed on box.
- Heat skillet to medium-low. Add the cherry juice, dried cherries, Vanilla Cane Sugar & Cinnamon Orange Sugar into skillet. Bring to a boil until slightly reduced.
- Next, separately, mix the cornstarch with 2 Tbsp of water, then pour into skillet. Stir and cook until thickened.
- Add to pan, the dark cherries, orange peels and Cherry Balsamic. Continue stirring while cooking.
- Then, raise heat to medium, add in the brandy and bring to a boil.
- Once mixture is boiling, CAREFULLY, light with flame. Make sure to let it burn until flame goes out.
- Plate cake slices and pour this delicious sauce over the sliced cake. Enjoy!