Blood Orange Sweet Plantains With Dark Espresso Balsamic Sauce
- 4 ripe Black Plantains
- 4 Tbsp Unsalted Butter (divided)
- ¼ Cup Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp Cinnamon Cane Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Cane Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Dark Espresso Balsamic + drizzle
- Peel & slice plantains
- Heat 3 tbsp butter & Blood Orange Olive Oil in skillet over low-medium heat. **The sugar content for plantains is high, & will burn if pan is too hot.
- Fry the plantains in a single layer until golden on the bottom. Next, turn over with a spatula and cook other side till golden.
- Add Cinnamon Cane Sugar & Vanilla Cane Sugar. Let cook a few more seconds just to begin to caramelize the sugar.
- Put remaining butter in to melt, and add Dark Espresso
- Plate to serve and drizzle with more Dark Espresso Balsamic.